Monday, August 4, 2014

Hartford Art School MFA

Hey, so I'm over half-way through my MFA program at Hartford Art School! I wish it could go on forever, actually.

Most of what I've been working on, I can't share yet. But being part of this program has pushed me to try some different things that are outside of my comfort zone. So I do want to share some of those experiments:

First up, a linocut print in the style of Randy Enos.

This one was inspired by our trip to Pasadena. The Hollywood sign was often looming overhead, so I decided to do my version of a film noir poster, starring two figure-drawing models who I drew on the trip.

Next up is my reaction to Fort Worth, Texas. I did ride a mechanical bull, and this is what it was like:

Last month, I had the awesome opportunity to learn from C.F. Payne and Gary Kelley. I tried doing a few pieces using C.F. Payne's techniques but in my cartoon-y style:

Some experiments were more successful than others.

Finally, of course there has still been lots of doodling:

2 comments:

Casey G. said...

so many good things! Love seeing your experiments and it's always nice to know you are having fun.

Cool stuff! thanks for sharing.

Dan Moynihan said...

Thanks, Casey!