Friday, October 2, 2009

Peace, MJ


When Michael Jackson died, it brought me back to before he was so obviously disturbed, long ago, when I really loved his music. It was the Thriller album, which was the first tape I owned, back in elementary school. I remembered how all the kids loved him, how he made us want to dance. And I remembered one particular time of listening to him in the school cafegymnatorium, us trying to moonwalk, jump up on our toes, etc. We were dead serious, but I'm sure it would've been hilarious to witness!

The second tape I ever got was Weird Al making fun of Michael Jackson - I loved them both!

2 comments:

Brad said...

hell ya! awesome, that is me exactly with the green glove on. i used to teach kids in my class the moonwalk for 25 cents at recess.
nice touch lighting up the grey squares just like in Billie Jean video.

Gavin Goo said...

Haha nice. :) Love the expression of the moonwalker!